I am super pleased with this box. It’s two separate molds. The base box took quite a bit of resin, but is smooth and beautiful and full of possibilities. The frog was half-poured, and by the time I remembered I needed to finish him, I didn’t remember what I’d used originally. So I used leftover resin…which just happened to be from the box. I think he looks pretty great.
I sculpted this Venus of Willendorf a year or so ago because I wanted to make a resin mold. I like ancient goddesses. Because she is in polyclay, the mold turned out less glossy than I wanted. Also, I needed to separate the head mold or she ended up with a flat top. Wasn’t sure how to fix those things then, but now I am. She’s getting a gloss coat, and a re-mold.
Because let’s face it, if the original makers had had glitter and mica powder, they would have used them.